Thank you for taking the time to respond to this Registration form for Harris County Probate Court 4.
It is the mission of this court to serve families in times of crisis when the crisis involves the loss
or incapacity of a loved one or a mental health challenge. We know that acting as an ad litem, guardian,
or administrator is an act of service and we appreciate your willingness to help this court in our mission.
If you have never served as an appointee in Court 4, we will invite you to attend an hour long presentation
on serving as an appointee once we receive your Registration Form, Resume, and Certification Form. These
presentations will be offered in the courtroom on the first Monday of each month beginning at 10:00 a.m.
and the presentation topics will alternate from month to month between Guardianship Appointments and Heirship
Appointments. Once you have attended the appropriate presentation, you will be placed on either or both the
Heirship or Guardianship Appointee List and such list is published on Court 4’s website.
Indicates a required field
1. Please enter the information indicated below:
2. In what year were you licensed to practice law in Texas?:
3. If you are licensed to practice law in another jurisdiction, please list such jurisdictions:
4. How many years have you been practicing in the area of probate?:
5. Are you board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization?:
If board certified, please indicate your specialty(ies):
6. Do you have special qualifications, training, or licenses you would like us to know about?:
7. Are you fluent in any foreign languages? If so, please indicate the language(s) below:
8. Have you served as a court appointed attorney ad litem, guardian ad litem, guardian,
or administrator of an estate?:
9. What areas of service most interest you?:
If so, please briefly tell us about your experience:
10. Are you willing to serve as a fiduciary in the following capacities: Guardian or Administrator?:
11. Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?:
12. Would you be willing to serve on a pro bono basis for small, special matters (for example
as an attorney ad litem in the heirship of a veteran or first responder)?:*
13. What is the hourly rate you plan to charge as an appointee of the court?:*
(Be aware that in our county pay guardianship cases, you will receive the greater of $500.00 or $100.00 per hour.
addition, if you are appointed to serve as a guardian or administrator, fiduciary activities must be charged at
per hour and attorney related activities may be charged at your normal hourly rate in accordance with the
published on the Harris County Probate Courts website.)
14. May we publish the information you provided on our website and make it available to parties
seeking to choose a fiduciary and avoid the court's automatic appointment process?:
15. What else would you like us to know about you?: