Appointment Registration for Harris County Probate Court 3
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this Registration form for Harris County Probate Court 3.
It is the mission of this court to serve families in times of crisis when the crisis involves the loss
or incapacity of a loved one or a mental health challenge. We know that acting as an ad litem, guardian,
or administrator is an act of service and we appreciate your willingness to help this court in our mission.
Indicates a required field
1. Please enter the information indicated below:
2. In what year were you licensed to practice law in Texas?:
What is your bar number?:
3. If you are licensed to practice law in another jurisdiction, please list such jurisdictions:
4. How many years have you been practicing in the area of probate?:
5. Are you board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization?:
Note: If less than one year, what estate/probate courses or internships did you take in law school?
If board certified, please indicate your specialty(ies):
6. Do you have special qualifications, training, or licenses you would like us to know about?:
7. Are you fluent in any foreign languages? If so, please indicate the language(s) below:
8. Have you served as a court appointed attorney ad litem, guardian ad litem, guardian,
or administrator of an estate?:
9. What areas of service most interest you?:
If so, please briefly tell us about your experience:
10. Are you willing to serve as a fiduciary in the following capacities: Guardian or Administrator?:
11. Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?:
12. Would you be willing to serve on a pro bono basis for small, special matters (for example
as an attorney ad litem in the heirship of a veteran or first responder)?:*
13. What is the hourly rate you plan to charge as an appointee of the court?:*
(Be aware that in our county pay guardianship cases, you will receive the greater of $500.00 or $100.00 per hour.
addition, if you are appointed to serve as a guardian or administrator, fiduciary activities must be charged at
per hour and attorney related activities may be charged at your normal hourly rate in accordance with the
published on the Harris County Probate Courts website.)
14. May we publish the information you provided on our website and make it available to parties
seeking to choose a fiduciary and avoid the court's automatic appointment process?:
15. What else would you like us to know about you?: