View the current air quality forecast
The activities of the Pollution Control Services Department are directed toward ensuring clean air and water for the citizens of Harris County consistent with the protection of public health, enjoyment of property and the protection of plant, animal, and marine life. Activities include:
· Enforcing the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Air, Water, Solid Waste and Harris County Storm Water Rules and Regulations.
· Emergency response.
· Responding to citizen complaints regarding air, water or solid waste problems.
· Monitoring, inspecting and investigating activities and facilities associated with air, water, storm water and solid and hazardous waste pollution.
· Laboratory analysis of water, soil and solid waste samples to identify and quantify compounds that may be hazardous, a public nuisance or detrimental to the environment.
· Reviewing and commenting on TCEQ proposed permit renewals and amendments.
· Assessing and compiling reports and evidence relating to violations of environmental laws for civil or criminal litigation.
· Coordination and administration of Supplemental Environmental Project funds.
To contact us regarding air, water, or solid waste pollution please call 713-920-2831.
Facilities may email emissions event notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
101 South Richey, Suite H
Pasadena, Texas 77506