New training classes for 2016 will be posted soon. Please check back later.
Harris County Constable Precinct 8
- Class Attendance: No absences will be permitted unless excused by the Training Coordinator, or his designee. Tardiness will not be condoned and will be subject to make-up. Classes are subject to change without notice due to factors beyond our control. Students shall notify the Training Coordinator or Class Instructor if they cannot attend a class prior to class date. Repeated absences or failure to inform the Training Coordinator or Class Instructor of an absence may result in a suspension of the student’s privilege to attend classes. Students must attend a minimum of 90% of the class to receive TCLEOSE Credit.
- Dress: Departmental uniform or appropriate civilian attire only will be worn. No T-shirts with suggestive graphics or wording, sleeveless shirts, shorts, or overalls will be permitted. In order to easily identify them, only the Training Staff may wear the color red while on the Firing Range.
- Academics: All exams become the property of this department. All written exams require a minimum score of 70% to be considered passing. Performance exams are graded on a Pass/Fail basis.
- Electronic Equipment: Cellular telephones or pagers will be turned off, or set on vibrate alert mode during classroom instruction. Cell phone/pager responses will be made during breaks only. If a cell/pager response is necessary, the student will exit the training room to make the response. The use of photographic or recording equipment subject to approval by the Training Coordinator.
- Smoking: Smoking is prohibited in all Harris County buildings. Students will use the designated smoking areas only.
- Demeanor: Students will demonstrate respect toward other students and the training staff at all times. Inappropriate behavior or remarks will not be permitted.
- Penalty: Violation of these rules may be cause for dismissal from the class. The Training Coordinator may dismiss a student from the class based upon the recommendation of the Class Instructor, or in the absence of the Training Coordinator, the Class Instructor may dismiss a student from class.