Anyone interested in a position with Precinct 5 is encouraged to submit an application. Applications may be obtained in person at the Command Station Information Desk located at 17423 Katy Freeway or download a PDF version of the application by clicking here. Submit the completed application to the Recruiting Division at 17423 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094, in person, by mail, or by email.
Patrol Deputies comprise the largest, most visible part of the Constable’s Department. The duties of the Patrol Division include high visibility marked patrol, emergency and non-emergency response to calls for service, on scene and follow-up investigations, crime prevention and traffic enforcement.
Patrol deputies are responsible for law enforcement on the public roadways, in the County Parks, the Toll Road system and the many subdivisions that participate in the Contract Deputy Program. Patrol Deputies report to the Command Station or one of our substations that are located throughout the precinct.
Starting Salary: $44,866.00 annually entry level, plus education and certificate incentives and uniform allowance.
• 21 years of age by date of employment
• High school diploma or GED
• Licensed by TCOLE
• Pass comprehensive background investigation
• Pass medical, drug, psychological and language skills test
• Pass pre-employment polygraph examination
• Citizen of the United States
• Veterans must have an honorable discharge
• Background Investigation
• Written Examination
• Preliminary Interview
• Oral Review Board
• Conditional Offer of Employment
• Polygraph Examination
• Psychological examination (L3)
• Medical Examination (L2)
• Firearms Qualification