DEPARTMENT: Harris County Clerk
HOURS: 40 Hours Per Week/ Monday-Friday / 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Overtime as required
SALARY: Commensurate With Experience
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree preferred. Equivalent experience in related field such as MIS, Computer Science, or Mathematics; a minor in the fields listed may be acceptable if combined with the appropriate skills.
Looking for a strong dedicated .Net developer/Web Developer who can provide application development and technical support on .Net applications.
- 5+ years Visual Basic 2005/2008 development experience using VB.NET, C# knowledge a plus
- Experience in designing and maintaining web based applications using ASP.NET 2.0 with AJAX
- Strong Background in design and implementation of Crystal Reports 10.0 or higher
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (and data models) such as SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle, etc.
- Must have the ability to work with business units to gather requirements for applications and develop applications from that standpoint
- Must be self motivated, capable of handling multiple tasks, energetic and resourceful
- Ability to work in a team, fast-paced environment and prioritize activities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Stable work history
Develop and maintain technical information for designing new systems and changes to existing systems, and resolving problems and questions. Design, code, debug and install programming logic for existing and new applications/web applications. Prepare requirements and design documents. Understand and participate in each phase of the project life cycle. Develop work plans to ensure timely completion of all phases of small to medium size projects. Build and use testing plans for quality assurance. Provide on-call production support. Assist users by answering functionality questions and follow-up on any software-related problems. Develop and maintain a good understanding of all business functions. Any other duties as assigned at the discretion of the I.T. Director.
HARRIS COUNTY HAS AN EMPLOYMENT AT WILL POLICY.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled