Precinct 7 is located in Harris County, the third largest county in the United States. In a historical election on November 2, 2004, May Walker was designated Precinct 7 Constable by the voters of the area. The precinct has a population of more than 400,000 people. It is situated in the southern sector of the county, which include parts of southwest and southeast (incorporated and non-incorporated) areas. Some of the areas served are the Third Ward, The University of Houston, Texas Southern University, South Park, South Union, Sunnyside, Astrodome, Hiram Clarke, Meyerland, parts of South Braeswood, Riceville, West Airport, and The Lakes of Fondren. Here is a brief overview of the precinct:
- The center of operations for Precinct 7 is located at 5290 Griggs Road, Houston, Texas 77021.
- Precinct 7 has 85 political precincts.
- Constable Walker's Office has the ultimate responsibility of serving all civil processes issued through the offices of Justice of the Peace, Positions 1 and 2. The civil processes include but are not limited to:
- Citations, Attorney General Office, Writs of Attachment, Restraining Orders, Protective Orders, Writs of Execution, Writ of Mandamus, Subpoenas, Eviction Notices and Abatement
- In addition the Civil Division has bailiff duties, which include maintaining order and courtroom security in the Justice of the Peace Courts, taking any persons custody as ordered by the judge, maintaining all prisoners in holding cells, transportation of juvenile prisoners to Harris County Juvenile Detention and mental health facilities.
- Another precinct division is the Warrant Division. All Class C warrants issued by the Justice of the Peace Courts are given to the Constable's Office.
- The Patrol/Traffic Safety Division is responsible for providing traffic law enforcement services in predominately rural and non-incorporated areas. This division also provides law enforcement services in and around Harris County, parks, bike trails, and other county areas. Precinct 7 is welcoming two new additions to this division, the Bike Unit and the Motorcycle/Motorcade Unit.
- The Toll Road Division, which patrols Harris County Sam Houston Toll Roads, Beltway 8 from Highways 45 to 59.
- The Communication Division is responsible for taking in-coming service calls and dispatching them to on-duty officers. This is a 24-hour service.
- The Neighborhood Contract Patrol Division provides law enforcement services on a contractual basis to subdivisions or neighborhoods as per agreement with Harris County.
- Absent Students Assistance Program (A.S.A.P.) was created to combat the high truancy rates in Houston Independent School District (HISD) middle schools.
- Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) is another example of helping at-risk youth.
- Deputy Constables are certified peace officers.
- From Highways 45 South to 59 South.